BELIEFS rooted in HISTORY...
Our Confession of FAITH...
At Discovery Church of Ridge Meadows as a
community of faith we believe in God as eternal Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
According to the Bible, God created and sustains the universe. The eternal
purposes of God the Father is to create a people who will join Him in the
redemption of His people and in doing so they will bring glory to
In conjunction with the Biblical witness we also believe that God became human in Jesus Christ. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to restore and redeem the world because humans have rejected God thru disobedience to His plans and purposes for their lives individually and corporately. Jesus during his time on this planet taught and modelled the way of God’s kingdom. According to the biblical witness, Jesus died on the cross, making it possible for us to accept a renewed and restored relationship with God the Father. Jesus rose from the dead, broke the power of sin and death, and frees us to live in obedience to God’s will. God also has placed Jesus as the head of His church and at Discovery we live in accordance with this truth as a community of faith attempting to fulfill His plans and purposes for our lives!
At Discovery Church of Ridge Meadows we also
believe that God the Holy Spirit invites all people to be reconciled with
God and to join the global family of faith. As we come to know and understand
God's plan for our lives and we confess our faith, become baptized as
an acknowledgement of our faith, and as we join together in community the Holy
Spirit guides our lives and the life of our community.
As followers of Jesus we are called to turn:
- from ignorance of God to a personal relationship with God
- from bondage of sin and past mistakes to freedom, forgiveness, and healing
- from individualism to interdependence with others in the local church
- from lifestyle choices that harm us, others, and the earth to choices that nurture wholeness, healing, joy and peace
- from hating enemies and ignoring neighbours to showing love and justice to all
- from loving possessions to sharing with all in need
- from aimless existence to a mission of representing and proclaiming God’s kingdom on earth.
As Christians we look forward to the day when God will once again send Jesus to bring all things under God’s eternal rule. That is the great promise of the scriptures and the great glory that we live for as we attempt to fulfill God's plans and purposes individually and in community!
(Special thanks to the BCMB for the format of this page)